WELCOME!

I want to welcome you! Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment! Have a good day. :)

Friday, June 24, 2011

Generation 3 Part 2

Welcome back guys! The 3rd generation is well on it's way, so let's see what Kayla and the rest of the  Tanner's are up too!


Graduation was the best! I've never smiled and cried so much in my life, especially in one day! The royal blue curtains that hung from City Hall, the blue and black balloons that blew in the wind, pictures flashing everywhere, it was the best day ever! There was 530 student in black gowns laughing, crying and exchanging phone numbers and future plans. High school... I'm sure going to miss you. The memories will never fade... yea, because they are in five scrapbooks! :-)


Birthday time! The shinning moment for Mom and Aunite Gabby has arrived. I would no longer be in ignorance to their master plan. The day started early with a french toast and fruit smoothie breakfast from Auntie Gabby. Then Mom hosted a movie premiere themed event at the theater inviting up to 30 of my friends. Finally, Mom and I went to the pier to take in the sunset. The pier was my favorite part of the day. We picked up little pebbles by the ledge and said one thing we were thankful for every year I've lived. I'm old!


Unbeknownst to me, at home there was another party brewing, the real surprise. Dad, who I thought had no part in this plan, was calling the shots at home. There were party favors to finish, food to serve, balloons to be placed, and a cake to be delivered.

When Mom and I got home, all of my grad balloons were out front on display by my proud family. Staring at the balloons, I knew that the weird feeling brewing in my stomach was related to how drastic my life was changing. Major change!


After changing into a gorgeous dress to go out to dinner with the family, I walked out to the backyard, at mom's prodding, and was shocked out of my wits when all of my family and closest friend jumped and yelled surprise! Ok, I screamed. Who wouldn't??


This party rocked! Marcus had the music blasting, as usual, and everyone was dancing their heart out. Uncle Ruben was there laughing it up with Dad. Aunite Gabby, wearing a bathing-suit, approached me and gave a me a big hug and a kiss as she whispered, "Gotcha!" in my ear. I went over to my BFF, Alex, and gave her a huge hug to say thank you and welcome to the party. She was too good at keeping secrets.


Finally it was cake time, so aunite Gabby says. So, all gathered around to scream and welcome me into adulthood. As I stand over the small flickering lights, I realize that I'm really scared. There was a long hard road ahead of me. Would I succeed? I don't know if I can do it. All my friends and I are going our own separate ways. Some are journeying to different universities across the country and others are traveling. I am going to Sunset Valley University only 2 hours away. Who will I be?


Then it hit me, I will be with Alex, so I won't be alone, and I haven't failed and not gotten up yet, so there is no reason to start anytime in the future. I can do this. I'm going to love being older! Ohh yea!


Mom's body was bursting with excitement as she looked at her only daughter becoming an adult.


Marcus was thrilled that his big sis is moving on from high school. And what does that mean for him? Well, it means he will one day graduate also or he is running for class president next year. Hmm... I wonder....


Auntie Gabby was glad I was traveling the world. I wonder where she got that idea from? No matter how many times I told her I wasn't traveling but was going to college, she remained confident I was about to hop on a plane to Egypt. Oh, I sure do love you aunite Gabby!


Alex was excited for all the memories we would make off at school. I would help her in English and History and she would help me with Math and Science. She had already bought things for our dorm room. She wanted the color scheme to be red, yellow and grey. I wanted purple, light blue and grey. Who would win? Dun.. dun... dun....


Well, here goes nothing. Teen self, it's been real! Bon Voyage!


Even after all the guests had left and everyone had gone to bed, Mom and Dad danced the night away. Awww, how cute! Not easy to sleep through all the music cute, but awww!


The next evening, I had everything packed up and ready for a road trip that Alex and I were going to take to visit Sunset Valley University.
"I hope you all know that each and every one of you don't have to watch me pack up the van. Like for real."
"Well honey, we have one more surprise for you. This is from your grandfather," Dad said.
What? I looked up at Dad in shock. Gramps had been gone for most of my life. I had vague memories in my munchkin years in the crib of a tall grey-haired man. How had he given me a gift?
"What are you talking about, Dad?" I asked, anxious to get answers.
"Well," Dad started, "Gramps set up a special fund for graduation gifts for the two of you guys."
"Really?!" Marcus chimed in. "Like, for real? I'm gonna get a sweet gift also?"
"Yep," Mom said happily.
"How did he know that there would be two of us, if he died before Marcus was born?"
"Well, he never specified how many grandchildren, just that your mom and I would be able to allocate what the money would be used on," Dad explained.
Just then auntie Gabby pulls out of the garage and pulls up in front of the house in a beautiful, new, red Infiniti G37 Coupe Sport 6MT.
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! How can I control myself??? Ahhhhhhh!!!



Bye home, grill, bed, fridge, tv, telescope, garden, easel, see you all in a week! Then I will see you on breaks. Kisses...

*
**
***

5 years. 2 degrees. 1 ex-boyfriend. Thousands of memories. Graduation. Return Home. Nervous. Anxious. Hello there Twinbrook.

It's interesting to be back in Twinbrook. After 5 years, things really have changed. There are new buildings everywhere. Driving around, I see that the library got a make-over, there are some new restaurants and banks, there are some new A-list hot spots, and my theater made some improvements. Through all the changes, though, I see the same rolling hills, drive on the same bridges and pass the same trees to get to my house.

*
**
***


Being home a few months, I have been able to get used to everything and all the new things. Auntie Gabby has not changed a bit, to my relief, Mom and Dad are older, but the same great people who are madly in love with each other. I've got a great job in the film industry, because one day I will be a great director!

There are the still the burn marks on the side of the house in the backyard from the fire. Yes, the fire.... I will always remember that scary say. It was my junior year, and Alex and I took the weekend to come home for Marcus' birthday. There was a huge party at the house for my party-animal of a brother. Anyone who was anyone at school, was there. Then, of course, everyone else at school was invited because my brother had such a big heart.


Everything was going great. Some teens were dancing, others were watching tv and eating great food from the buffet, while the rest were playing various games. I was able to chat with friends I had not seen in a long time and even met a new friend named Paul.


The time came for the cake. Woo! We all gathered in anticipation of the strawberry filled vanilla cake. This cake was perfect. It was white with two shades of green trim. There were 3 layers and little footballs and basketballs on it. It was mature and cool at the same time. Cool!


As usual, Marcus took forever making a wish.


Then it happened. The cake blew up!! Like how does a cake BLOW up!?! Well it did, and it became a huge fire!



I got on the phone right away and called 911. The hardest call to ever make.



My brave mother was so calm through it all.


Marcus, poor guy. Worst birthday ever. Poor guy....


Then, to everyone's surprise, Mom busted out a fire extinguisher and started to put out the flame. Why? Because the firemen were no where to be found!


Finally, they showed up. The first ran quickly over to the fire and began to aid Mom. The other, who seem dumb and lost in the front of the house, took about to 15 minutes to come to the aid. Uh huh. Big mistake.



After the whole ordeal was over, every left, most crying, and we all just went to bed. No one said anything. I stayed with Marcus for a while, not saying anything, just being there till he felt like talking, crying or screaming. Finally we all fell asleep. There was this random guest who passed out on the floor that no one really noticed till the next morning.




I wok up late the next morning and got breakfast ready. I didn't have long before Alex and I had to head back to school, so I began to clean up. I got rid of the woman camping out by my grill, cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. When Mom got up, she checked the paper to see what was printed on the incident, thankfully nothing was. Dad preceded to call the family lawyer about contacting the cake company about a coming lawsuit. Then he called the fire department to report negligence.


What I missed most about being away was all the things that had become familiar, like Dad painting.


Auntie Gabby cooking.

Also, Mom and I working out together.


I even missed my now grown little brother. He has turned into a chill cool guy. Who would have thought?! lol I love him to death. He has joined the film track just like his ultra amazing older sibling, but to pursue acting instead of directing.



I have a new friend that I have begun to... "chill" with. After first meeting at Marcus' birthday party, we kept in contact. First by phone, the we added each other on Feetbook and Skyped each other all the time. Now, two years later and me back home for the duration, we have been hanging out a lot. He comes over to hang out with the family which I think is amazing!


Dad has really gotten into the telescope world over the years. He tells me stories of all the stars and space things that Gramps discovered. He even showed me the star Gramps named after me. Me! I have a star named after me!

Marcus and auntie Gabby have turned the garden into a prize-winning botanical paradise. It is beautiful and produces the best fruits, vegetables, and cheese that makes the best tasting food known to mankind!



During the day you can hear Dad and aunite Gabby out there playing in the sprinklers. They are hilarious!



My Mom is the best mother ever created!  Well, that's if you could create a mom. Anywho, yesterday was her birthday and it was uber special. Simple celebrations are her preference, so we had a nice dinner and a movie at home after she came home from her birthday surprise. Before she got home, we set up an event so that she was able to met her favorite author. Then she received an award by that author for perfecting her writing skills. She was so elated!

The weeks after receiving her award, she would show it anyone who cared to see it. She showed it to her brother, friends and publisher. Of course we saw it a million times.


One evening.
"Hello."
"Good evening, is this Mrs. Tanner?"
"Yes, this is she. And may I ask whose speaking?"
"This is Nurse Madison calling from Twinbrook Foundation Hospital. I'm sorry, but I have some bad news for you."



"Hey, hun!" I said answering my phone.
"Hey...."
"Pual, is everything ok? You don't sound so good."
"Kayla, are you sitting down?"
"No, I'm at the gym working out. What going on?"
"Kayla..."
"Paul, what's going on? You're scaring me."
"I'm at the hospital..."




We received many condolence cards in the mail. Surprisingly Mom received one from her family. It was almost as if the whole world new that Dad had-- it was just weird. Would take a while to get used to. Mom had been really quiet and Auntie Gabby stopped leaving the guest house. Marcus took hold of the reins and took care of all the funeral arrangements. Three days later we would have a funeral at house.


It was all so hard. Many people came and went to say wish us well. Mom was no where to  be found. When Alex called to let me know she was heading back from the store with more juice, she told me she saw Mom at the spa. At least Mom was ok.


Auntie Gabby was a mess. Usually a lot stronger when it came to deaths, took this one really hard. She was the second to last generation two Tanner left. What would she do if her sister died?


Mom finally showed up. Having no time to change, she just went around thanking people for attending and attending to their needs.



At the end of the night she finally let the water works begin....

*
**
***


Happy New Year! New years always bring resolutions, and opportunities. I will hold onto that with dear life in my heart. Last year was... a lot. I know no other way to describe it. I'm glad it's a new year. Who know what will happen this year? No one. Exactly. No one. No stress on what ifs, just living for today as if there is no tomorrow and as if you will always have a tomorrow.


I am in love with my boyfriend. What will happen with us this new year? No one knows.... Yes!


Marcus has met a great girl. What will happen with them? Here it comes.... I have no idea!


Marcus took Mom to a movie last week and Mom actually laughed. Since then she has been melting back into herself. Yes! How long will it take for Mom to heal? I wonder. I have no idea!


I have kept up with my regiment so that I can start this year off right.


Auntie Gabby has learned every recipe known to mankind. Anyone want some stake?



Paul has become a major part of my life and my family. Mom has really taken to him as well as Auntie Gabby. Paul, who was there when Dad departed this world, has been a major help to my family. We would not have made it without him. Awww... I sure love my baby!


Mom has not been sleeping to well. She says that it's because the other side of the bed is too cold, so I always put a glass of water in here room at night to help her get back to sleep.


But there is something about the concept of a new year. What does it do to the mind of Sims?


Well, for one thing it brings the opportunity for closure and encourages the will power to press through things that kept you down the year before. I love New Years, they bring opportunities that never reared their beautiful face before. Mom has let go as this new year has begun. She has laid Dad to rest and is ready to be all she can be. Reaching out to those who love her and putting her mind to work with writing is a great first step. Boy, I love her! This is going to be a great year!

The End!


No comments:

Post a Comment